Michael Flatley announced today that he is reviving 25 years of #LordOfTheDance.
The most successful touring show in entertainment history is set to return to UK venues for performances across 2022. Tickets for the tour go on sale on Friday 16 July 2021 at 10am via BookingsDirect.com
Since its premiere, Michael Flatley's Lord Of The Dance has visited over 1000 venues worldwide and been seen by over 60 million people in 60 different countries on every continent, making it one of the most successful dance productions in the world.
Michael will revive and update the original Lord of the Dance for new generations of fans. The show, described by the Los Angeles Times as a "showpiece extravaganza", features more than 150,000 taps per performance as it transports the audience to a mythical time and place, capturing hearts in a swirl of movement, precision dancing, artistic lighting and pyrotechnics.
The journey to Lord of the Dance began with Michael Flatley’s dream to create the greatest Irish dance show in the world. Forged from his ambition and a performance that caught the world’s attention at Eurovision 1994, Lord of the Dance is the culmination of Flatley’s belief that “Nothing is impossible. Follow your dreams.”
Lord of the Dance has gone on to receive unparalleled accolades, and to break theatrical records across the globe. Michael Flatley's Lord of the Dance not only brought #IrishDancing to the world stage; it catapulted the art of Irish dance to a higher plane, unprecedented worldwide recognition and dove straight into the hearts and minds of millions worldwide.
Michael Flatley’s Lord of the Dance has dazzled audiences around the world with its unique combination of high-energy #IrishDance, original music, storytelling and sensuality. The beloved Irish dance show transcends culture and language, soaring into the soul on astounding aerial moves, unparalleled precision dancing and state-of-the art theatrical effects.
Much of the secret to its phenomenal success is that it speaks to all, crossing boundaries of age, gender and cultural diversity. It’s timeless, universal appeal has made Lord of the Dance one of the modern day wonders of the world, a myth to a living legend.
The show will go to the next level in 2022 for its 25th anniversary show. Fans can expect new staging, new costumes and choreography plus cutting edge technology special effects lighting.
Lord of the Dance premiered at the iconic Hammersmith Apollo in 2014; to mark the milestone 25th anniversary since Michael Flatley became an international sensation, Lord of the Dance will open at the Apollo in 2022.
The spectacle will feature 40 of the world’s most outstanding young performers directed by Michael Flatley, with new music by composer Gerard Fahy. This latest iteration combines the best of tradition with all the excitement of new music and dance.
Michael Flatley comments: “I’m so excited to bring the original Lord of the Dance back to UK Theatres in 2022. I feel like this is the most vital tour in our 25 year history! The return of the arts is so incredibly important. I hope the tour will help renew spirits and put a smile back on everyone's faces...”
The tour will be coordinated by Harvey Goldsmith CBE and promoted by Triple A.
Harvey Goldsmith CBE said: “I am delighted to be working with Michael again. I helped to create the original show and have watched its success worldwide. Using the best modern technology and revising the original stage production gives us the opportunity to represent this classic show at its very best.”
25 YEARS OF STANDING OVATIONS: LORD OF THE DANCE ON TOUR ACROSS THE UK 2022
* London Eventim Apollo: Fri 18 – Sat 19 March
* Portsmouth Kings Theatre: Tue 22 – Sun 27 March
* Eastbourne Congress Theatre: Tue 29 March – Sun 3 April
* Northampton Derngate: Tue 5 – Sat 9 April
* York Barbican: Mon 11 – Thu 14 April
* Leicester de Montfort Hall: Fri 15 – Sun 17 April
* Llandudno Venue Cymru: Tue 19 – Thu 21 April
* Aylesbury Waterside Theatre: Fri 22 – Sun 24 April
* Cardiff New Theatre: Mon 25 – Wed 27 April
* Hull New Theatre: Tue 10 – Thu 12 May
* Liverpool M&S Bank Arena: Fri 13 – Sun 15 May
* Dunfermline Alhambra Theatre: Wed 18 – Sat 21 May
* Sunderland Empire: Mon 23 – Wed 25 May
* Glasgow SEC Armadillo: Sat 4 – Sun 5 June
* Oxford New Theatre: Tue 7 – Sat 11 June
* Sheffield City Hall: Mon 13 – Wed 15 June
* Birmingham The Alexandra: Fri 17 – Sun 19 June
* Guildford G Live: Tue 21 – Thu 23 June
* Southend Cliffs Pavilion: Fri 24 – Sun 26 June
* Truro Hall for Cornwall: Tue 28 Jun – Fri 1 July (on sale autumn 2021)
* Aberdeen His Majesty’s Theatre: Mon 4 – Thu 7 July (on sale Fri 23 July 10am)
* Glasgow SEC Armadillo: Fri 8 – Sat 9 July
* Blackpool Opera House: Mon 11 – Wed 13 July
* Manchester Palace Theatre: Thu 14 – Sun 17 July
Tickets on sale from Friday 16 July 10am. Available from the venue box offices, select authorised agents and 24hr Ticket Hotline: 0844 249 2222* BookingsDirect.com